Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

Tourist Gone-Culture Returns

Not that K-town doesn't have culture during the tourist season, we just have more time to really enjoy it when their GONE!! I like music, almost any type of music, yes even some rap. So, when I heard that the Ketchikan Arts and Humanities Council were bringing Alvin Youngblood Hart to K-town. I ran down to get my tickets for the show. I try not to pass up live music from out of town, it happens so rarely. Now not knowing who Alvin was, or what type of music he put out, so I went and Googled him. I had heard the name but couldn't place him. I must say that I was impressed, 71,000 site dealing with him and his career. Bios about who influenced him musical and the folks that inspired, from his guitar strumin' uncle to his piano playing grandma, Taj Mahal to Charley Patton. Now, I really enjoy old time Mississippi Delta type blues and I couldn't wait for Saturday to get here. Well, I will tell you this, if you have the opportunity to catch a show by Alvin and you don't go, you'll have missed one of the best Blues Guys on the planet. He was incredible. He played an all acoustic set and played for about an hour and a half. For as big as Alvin is, he moves up and down that neck like greased lighting. And pickin', his hands are BIG and he picks that box like nobodies business. It only took a couple of songs to see why and how he's made such a name for himself. He was GREAT!!!!! Folks in K-town don't get entertainment If you can't tell I became a fan last night and will want to see him again. So do yourself a favor and when you have a change go and see Alvin Youngblood Hart, even if you have to travel 100 miles, GO!!, you'll be glad you did. KEEP ON ROCKIN'; Ktownking

No comments:

Post a Comment